[edk2] How to turnoff error C2220: warning treated as error EDK-II
Ramya Desai
2010-06-05 00:11:49 UTC
Dear Experts,

Can anyone tell me how can I turnoff error C2220: warning treated as
error in EDK-II.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
RD
Jordan Justen
2010-06-05 00:22:56 UTC
You can modify your toolchain settings under Conf/tools_def.txt to remove
the warnings-as-errors flag.

For Microsoft toolchains, it is the /Wx flag. For GCC it is -Werror.

We make sure that our code base has no warnings, which is why it is enabled
by default.

-Jordan
Alex Xin
Kinney, Michael D
2010-06-07 16:36:28 UTC
The easiest way is to add a section to your DSC file called [BuildOptions] and add a CC_FLAG to disable warnings as errors. For example, the following statement will disable warnings as errors for the MSFT style tool chains.

[BuildOptions]
*_*_*_CC_FLAGS = /WX-

Mike

RD